Jump to navigation Jump to search
Honey is a Naturally Occurring, Widely Available material. It is by definition a legitimate source material for this project. It is a mixture of sugars produced by bees
|balance (~5%)||Other sugars, inorganics, etc.|
- Feedstock for ethanol
- Pharmacopia: Honey has been used as a topical antibiotic, packing wounds with it.
- Does occur naturally. Bees produce honey. Five bees produce 2ml of honey annually. One large hive can produce 25-45kg of honey per year.
- Burn grasses and leaves near the hive, driving off and/or stunning the bees.
- Remove eighty percent of the honeycomb
- Extinguish the fire
- Take the honeycomb away from the hive
- Crush the honeycomb, driving out the honey
- Strain the honey
- Wash the residue well. It is mostly beeswax
- Retain the filtrate. It is honey.
- Store with nonzero water content and nonzero humidity to prevent crystallization
- Honey may be discarded into the environment. Generally speaking, bees will gather it and transport it to their hive before anything else can eat or alter it.